Friday, July 26, 2013

New Pendant Sets in Etsy!

I just uploaded some brand-new pendant sets to my etsy store, so I thought I'd share some of them with you here.
Each pendant set includes three (sometimes four) handmade stoneware pendants that I made here in my mountain studio in Idyllwild, California. I hand-stamp and texture each pendant, and after bisque firing them I hand-paint them with layers of glaze.
All of my pendants are high-fired to full vitrification, making them very durable. They are not glazed on the backside, but I go over them carefully to make sure they are smooth and comfortable against your skin and won't snag on fabrics.
Included in each bead kit is a set of three or four pendants plus a variety of pretty beads with large holes; some are handmade glass, bottle-glass beads from Africa, wooden beads in unusual shapes, small ceramic beads, and a large gemstone focal bead.
Included in your kit is a copy of my Tribal Treasures Bracelet Workshop DVD. This DVD normally retains for $29.95, but if you buy one of my kits in my etsy shop you get the DVD with a set of beads and pendants for $39.95.
I had a lot of fun making these, but once they're sold, they will not be available in these designs and colors again. I don't like to make too many duplicates of my pieces, because it's more fun to experiment with new designs and color combinations.
The beads I selected to accompany my handmade pendants are from my personal stash. Each bead has a large hole and would work well in an "ethnic style" jewelry piece, whether you use copper or silver wire. Using the instructions from my DVD, you'll be able to make at least two to three individual necklaces.
My bead kits have sold out quickly in the past, so if you're interested I suggest heading on over to my shop soon!
Happy wrapping,
Sharilyn

No comments: