Sunday, November 10, 2013

Wild Wire Women Retreat: Final Day

Tonight another Wild Wire Women retreat has come to an end, and I am really sad to have to say goodbye to my students tomorrow. We worked really hard for three days, exploring foldforming, etching, sawing and piercing metal, filing and polishing, torch-fire enameling, texturing copper tubing to make ethnic-style beads, wire wrapping, altering coins to make charms, wire links, twisting wire to make jump rings, and funky spirals. We used liver of sulfur to artificially age our jewelry, polished it, and took photos of our finished results. We ate some great food, drank good wine, and had a lot of laughs. I'll miss these girls!
Pictured above, Melissa's stacked enameled earrings. Pictured below, Donna's mixed-media bracelet with textured tubing beads:
And here's Joan's terrific bracelet:
I didn't accomplish much this weekend because I was kept busy teaching and assisting my students, but I did manage to make a cute textured charm using copper sheet, brass finding, and copper wire:
Pictured below, Melissa's finished bracelet and earrings:
What a terrific wrap-up to a wonderful season of teaching creative, energetic students how to use a variety of tools and materials to make their own artistic jewelry! I enjoyed every minute of our weekend together, and I hope to see Donna, Joan, and Melissa again next year.
My next Wild Wire Women retreats will be held in the autumn of 2014. I'll be posting available dates soon, and I hope to see some of you here in Idyllwild!
Happy wrapping,
Sharilyn

No comments: