Tuesday, January 14, 2014

NEW: Beads & Buttons Out of the Kiln!

It's always exciting (and scary) to open up the kiln for the first time and see how your latest glaze firing went... and today was exceptionally so, for this was my first glaze firing of 2014!
It's taken a while for me to get this one going because I had to have new heating elements fitted into my kiln. Once that was done, I could get busy. I made hundreds of buttons and this post will only show a fraction of my finished pieces, but here they are!
Pictured above are my new oval buttons in two sizes; pictured below, some pretty new squares:
Diamonds are a brand-new shape for me this time around, and I also made them in two sizes:
Hey, I made some cute little beads too, just for fun:
Here are some pretty round buttons:
And one of my favorite shapes, triangles:
My very favorite pieces to come out of this kiln load were the brand-new rollup beads I made some time ago, and finally got around to glazing. I won't be selling my beads, but using them in my jewelry to sell in my etsy store soon. Stay tuned!
This was a fun batch to work with. And I'm excited to offer my buttons now in eight different California yarn stores, with more storeowners signing up all the time. I'm also offering my buttons for sale at the Valley Quilters' 34th annual quilt show in San Jacinto (next to Hemet and near Idyllwild, California) on February 7-8, 2014. Mark your calendars! I'm offering a whole bunch of brand new buttons in new shapes and colors at this show, before they debut in the yarn stores this spring.
Hope to see you there!
Cheers,
Sharilyn

3 comments:

John said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Barbara Roth said...

I haven't seen your work in a long time and just discovered your blog. What beautiful things you've created.

Sharilyn Miller said...

Thank you, Barbara! I'm having a great time with ceramics these days...