Thursday, May 8, 2014

NEW in the Shop: Handmade Buttons on SALE


I'm having a SALE for the month of May; some of my handmade ceramic buttons are now offered at a significant discount! They normally retail in yarn stores across the US for $18 each. From now through the end of May, I'm offering a few buttons from my personal collection for $18 per set of three.


Some buttons (like the ones pictured above) are made from Cassius Basaltic black clay. Others (like the ones pictured below) are made of porcelain clay. In some sets, I offer a couple of porcelain buttons with a black clay button.



They each measure approximately 2 x 1-1/8 inches; although that is considered "oversize" in the button world, they're surprisingly lightweight for their size. Attach your buttons to a hand-knit sweater or poncho, a quilted tote, a felted hat or handbag, a handwoven basket, or a handmade artist book or other mixed-media art. All of my buttons are handmade and one-of-a-kind, created to enhance your own handmade wearable art.


I also enjoy using a variety of different colored glazes in my ceramic work. Some buttons are glazed with glossy colors like olive-green (pictured above) or French provencal-yellow.
Others are more matte.


I like them all, and I hope you do, too! To purchase buttons in sets of three from my personal collection, visit my etsy shop. Thank you for looking!




Art on,

1 comment:

A Bit of Colour said...

Those are very cool!