Monday, June 2, 2014

I (Heart) Buttons!

Since it's a Monday and I love heart-shaped buttons, I thought I'd share some of my newest creations with you! Pictured above: Some of my favorites in a wonderful blueish-greenish gray that's hard to describe, but I love it. (All of the buttons in this post are quite large, from 1-1/2 inches to 3 inches in diameter.)
Pictured below: some of my new favorites; these are not glazed but hand-painted with dark matte pigments and sponged off to reveal the delicious texture. I'm actually keeping the heart on the left because it's my absolute fave; but don't worry, I will make several more in a similar appearance very soon!
Love these turquoise-blue hearts. The color reminds me of Lake Como, one of my favorite vacation spots of all-time:
Ochre! If you love this rustic yellow-brown color, you're just like me. These buttons would look fabulous on a hand-knit bag, jacket, poncho or wrap knit up in Autumn colors!
More yummy blueish-greenish gray hearts:
And blood-red! Perfectly appropriate for hearts, wouldn't you say?
More turquoise:
These four were a bit of an experiment with layered glazes. Don't ask me which ones! I like the mottled colors, which were quite unexpected. Looks like lichen...
And celadon-green, mmmm. Pretty for handmade spring and summer art-to-wear. Soon I'll be packaging these up and sending them out to my sales reps, who will offer them to yarn stores across the US from California to Georgia and several states between! I'm always adding my button collections to new stores, so be sure to ask your favorite yarn storeowner to stock them.
Welcoming my two newest stores to take on Sharilyn Miller Designer Buttons:
Cast On Cottage (Roswell, GA): 770-998-3483
The Whole Nine Yarns (Woodstock, GA): 678-494-5242
Here's to a terrific summer, everybody!
Sharilyn

No comments: